Board of Directors
Lindsay Carter-Monteiro - Administrative Coordinator, Mayor's Housing Task Force
Patricia Garcelon - Managing Partner, Longhorne Steak House/Darden Restaurants (ret).
Kelli Munroe - Loan Processor, Loan Scale
Kendyll Ramos -Director of the Family Resource and Development Center, United Way of Greater New Bedford
Shai Spinola-Ramos - Program Coordinator, Lifestream Employment and Training Division
- Nathalie Concepcion - Secondary School Guidance Counselor, Alma Del Mar Charter School
- Monica Furtado - Branch Manager, Bristol County Savings Bank
- Rebecca Laliberte - Teacher, Durfee High School
- Mali Lim, Coordinator for Community Education, City of New Bedford
- Jean Lim Cudjoe - Director, Alkermes, Inc.
- Lynne Mastera - Chief Executive Officer, Precix
- Ine Ogagan, LCSW- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Manager, People Inc.
- Elizete Perry- Systems Manager, Mass Hire Greater New Bedford Career Center
- Leslie Poulin- Financial Wellness Marketing Strategist, MassMutual
- Corday Silva, LICSW - School Adjustment Counselor, New Bedford Public Schools
YWCA Board President, Lindsay Carter-Monteiro
Lindsay Carter-Monteiro is an Administrative Coordinator for the Mayor’s Neighborhood Task Force with the City of New Bedford. She is a proud graduate of Bristol Community College. In 2016, she graduated from Bridgewater State University with a B.S. in Psychology after deciding to finish her degree as a working mother. She is a board of director with the YWCA Southeastern Massachusetts. Lindsay participates on various committees within the YW including Governance, Women of Distinction, and the Red Dress Committee.
She is a parishioner and lector with the Our Lady of Assumption Parish. Lindsay is the President of the Martha Briggs Educational Club, one of New Bedford’s oldest organizations for woman of color. She volunteers with the Womxn’s Alliance, Your Theatre Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, and the Friends of Cape Verdean Cultural Committee.
She lives in Fairhaven with her husband Nathan and four children, Nathan Jr., Nile, Elena and Julielys. In her spare time, she enjoys performing with Your Theatre Inc. and traveling with her family and sister friends.