YWCA Southeastern Massachusetts
JOB DESCRIPTION and SPECIFICS
POSITION: YWkids Group Leader
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Responsible for supervising activities and addressing the needs of all children enrolled in the school age child care program.
SUPERVISION: Reports to Program Director
- Accepts responsibility for implementing the Mission of the YWCA.
- Supervision over the health, welfare and safety of the children.
- Provides leadership to children in the group.
- Supervises and interact with children during snack time.
- Plans and supervises age appropriate, theme based activities.
- Monitors children’s behavior.
- Designs and monitors a “Club” activity for a group of children.
- Plans, facilitates, and reports on Racial Justice activities with children weekly.
- Completion of necessary forms i.e. behavior, accident, injury, etc.
- Serves as bus monitor when scheduled or needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of the site.
- Have knowledge and understanding of Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) regulations.
- Attends and participates in meetings, conferences, trainings as required.
Other job-related duties and responsibilities may be assigned and/or the job description may change periodically to reflect changing organization needs.
- Bachelors or Associate’s Degree preferred and three months of experience working with school age children.
- At least 18 years old and have nine months experience with school age children including three months supervised experience at a school age child care program or High School diploma and six months experience working with school age children.
- Satisfactory response to CORI, SORI, DCF and Fingerprint Background Checks.
POSITION STATUS: NON-EXEMPT: PART TIME
Monday through Friday
2:00pm – 5:30pm
Additional Hours available during Summer and School Vacation
Must have reliable transportation
SALARY RANGE: $12.00 – $15.00/hr
Please send resume and cover letter to Catherine Bourassa, Director of Programs and Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE YWCA SOUTHEASTERN MASSACHUSETTS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER