Do you enjoy working with children, families and are ready to put your leadership skills to good use? YWCA Southeastern Massachusetts is now hiring for the YWkids Program Director Position! Not only will you be working with children, but you will be part of a honorable organization that is dedicated to empowering women, promoting social justice and improving the lives of people within the community!
YWCA Southeastern Massachusetts JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICS
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Program Director- YWKids School Age Program
Directs the planning and operation of a state licensed center- based program.
Reports to Director of Programs and Services
• Accepts responsibility for implementing the Mission of the YWCA.
• Manages a center-based program in compliance with state licensing standards, funder requirements, and agency policies and procedures.
• Takes responsibility for upkeep of equipment, supplies and materials. • Hires, trains, schedules and supervises staff.
• Coordinates, guides, oversees and assists Group Leaders with planning both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy.
• Coordinates all aspects of program transportation with the bus company and schools.
• Knowledge and understanding of Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) regulations.
• Guide program in advancing on the Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS). • Guide program in its application for appropriate School Age Accreditation.
• Maintains complete, accurate, and current children’s, personnel, and other program records.
• Works directly with children, when needed.
• Meets with parents for intake, reassessment, behavioral issues and billing concerns: maintains good working relationship with parents.
• Collects parent fees and issue termination notices for non-payment. • Attends required and other necessary workshops and conferences. • Stays current on developments in the field of school age child care. • Plans and facilitates monthly staff meetings.
• Responsible for all required documentation for EEC Supportive Child Care. • Files abuse and neglect reports (51A’s) with DCF as mandated reporter.
• Knowledgeable of local services and resources available to families in need.
• Works as a team with the Executive Director, Director of Programs and Services and other staff to assure that the center functions smoothly and meets all applicable licensing regulations.
• Assists Executive Director and Director of Programs and Services with grant research, grant writing and grant reporting.
• Attends required meetings, presentations, speaking engagements, workshops, trainings, etc and continuously promotes the visibility of the program and represents the YWCA in appropriate local, state and regional organizations.
Other job-related duties and responsibilities may be assigned and/or the job description may change periodically to reflect changing organization needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education, elementary education, adolescent development, psychology, or a related field required.
• Experience working in EEC licensed school age program in an administrative position.
• Must be able to meet EEC Director qualifications.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Creative problem solving skills needed.
• Fluency in another language a plus
• Planning and management ability to handle a wide variety of projects simultaneously.
• Satisfactory response to a CORI, SORI, DCF Background Check and Fingerprinting.
POSITION STATUS: FULL TIME;
Salary commensurate with experience and education
THE YWCA SOUTHEASTERN MASSACHUSETTS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Please send cover letter and resume to Catherine Bourassa, Director of Programs and Services, at email@example.com